Friday, August 31, 2012

I want to remember this conversation

The goodnights in our house are somewhat prolonged by our little chats...

ALN: you know why I love fruit loops?

Me: no, why?

ALN: 1st thing, they are kind of candy-ish

Me: hmm..

ALN: and second thing, they are rainbow-ish.

Me: true

ALN: third thing, I love candy.

Me: me too.

ALN: what come next

Me: 4th

ALN: 4th thing, I love rainbows. Second thing..

Me: 5th, actually

ALN: 5th, I love candies and rainbows,

Me: you know when I first had fruitloops?

ALN: no

Me: well, you know how grandma loves to give you sweets and candy?

ALN: and ice cream too,

Me: yes, well, I have no idea who that lady is, because the lady I grew up with, never gave me any sweets.

ALN: who was that?

Me: grandma.

ALN: my grandma?

ME: yes, well, one day we went to see my grandma, and she gave me a bowl of fruitloops. And I had never had them before because grandma only gave me cheerios, and some moms would put sugar on them, but not mine, and so I had these fruitloops and I loved them, because they were kind of candy-ish and rainbow-ish. And I could tell that my mom didn't like it that my grandma gave me those to eat.

ALN: did she yell at her?

Me: no

ALN: why?

Me (feeling slightly guilty): well, because my grandma was really nice and no one ever yelled at her.

ALN: was that the pink lady?(what we call my grandmother stevens, because she liked pink and red)

Me: no, that was the brown lady (what we call my grandma, to annoy my mom)

Me: the pink lady never had cereal. She always made me the same thing for breakfast and it was the most delicious thing and my favorite thing to eat, and do you know what that was?

ALN: what

Me: a piece of homemade bread with melted butter on it and she would toast it in her toaster oven. With some fresh squeezed orange juice.

ALN: did she make you candy too?

Me: oh yes, peanut brittle and it was delicious, but you don't like peanuts.

ALN(sad, like she's missing out): yeah... but did she make you something else? (hopeful)

Me: oh yes, apple pie.

Then Annabelle informed me that if it ever snowed we needed to have hot cocoa and marshmellows and we decided it was best to get some supplies for the cocoa so in case it did snow, we would be ready.
We said our goodnights and now she may be sleeping and hopefully dreaming of coca and fruit loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment