Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Far

The school year is going well for Annabelle. Each day I pick her up and her response to my inquiry about her day is "great!" I gather bits and pieces of what they do from watching her play and from the things she says from time to time. She is always on "green" for conduct. If there is a fire, you get in line and do what the teacher says. There are songs, there is art, they are making letters and learning how to say hi in Spanish.

It is kindergarten, lite.

Let me repeat that, it is kindergarten, lite. So I am getting a taste of what is to come next year. Except it won't be three days a week. It will be 5. And there will be, homework, worksheets, sight words and expectations. There won't be time for a "show" after dinner. There won't be one more story. There won't be a blanket clubhouse, yard tennis, and watching football in her papa's lap. It will be Annabelle, lite.

And so more and more, I want to go, far. I want to get an rv, get my children and my favorite chicken, and husband, if he is so inclined, and go where there are no errands, no target, no chick fila, no starbucks. No hurry. No traffic. No school, no ballet, no soccer. Just sky and air. Kids and me. Henny and H, if he is so inclined.

Far.

No comments:

Post a Comment