Monday, January 7, 2013

Annabelle on football

Annabelle is a gridiron gal and has been since she was about two.  We are currently watching "ketchup" and "mustard" vie for the national championship.  I, am for mustard naturally, but Annabelle and H are for ketchup, Annabelle, because she hates mustard in all forms and H, because he has an unfounded lifelong hatred for Nortre Dame.    She knows the ref signs for false start, touch down and first down.  When I was upstairs tonight, putting T to bed, I hear her yell TOUCHDOWN! and H call from the bathroom--did they score Annabelle?  They had.

Some other Annabelle-isms

1.  "I don't like first downs, I don't like second downs, I don't like third downs.  I like TOUCHDOWNS."

2.  "Arian Foster is incredible, but he is not like touchdown maker Andre Johnson."

3.  Big piles of players are "crumbles."

4.  Tackles are "ker-plonks"

Ketchup just scored again.  I think it's going to be a long night for us mustard fans

No comments:

Post a Comment