Thursday, January 3, 2013

a public apology

Some time ago, on this very blog, I believe in this post,   I made fun of my husband for watching a show I thought was absurd.

Over the holidays, someone else told me how much they enjoyed the same show.  But I kind of brushed it off, because they share the same DNA and are therefore subject to the same quirks, bad tv obviously being one of them.

Then, last night, as I was folding laundry, I decided to sit in the living room, instead of doing it in the laundry room, as is my evening custom.  The living room tv in our house is completely controlled by my husband, which is why, when he dies from bacon overdose, I will never remarry, because I will finally have control over the remote and can watch-something, see, I don't even know what is on, instead of some dumb chef show--and I will never want to give that up for another man--but I digress.

And so, that is how I came to watch an episode of duck dynasty.  And then I saw another one, and another  one and H and I were laughing hysterically, but at the same time touched by a man who calls his wife "Miss Kay."  I always wanted to be married to someone who called me miss, instead of dude.

So here it goes:  Duck Dynasty is a great, smart funny show and I am a fan.  I highly recommend it to anyone and I am sorry to have made fun of you.

Grizzly still sucks, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment