Sunday, January 6, 2013

Me, not really listening to my parent's pratter

Phone call from parents:

Dad:  well, we had a real nice visit with those little girls this weekend (my sister's kids).  They warmed up to us right away, especially Sam.  We took them to the neighbors and let them feed the horses.

Mom: we had to watch them, I was scared they would bite their fingers off.

Dad: and Robbie offered to let Audrey ride the horse, and she said, "no, I don't think I better."
He offered to let mom ride it too.

Mom: and I almost took him up on it

Me(thinking of the bike incident): seriously?

Dad: I bet it's been 40 years since you were on a horse.  Maybe 50.

Mom: Yeah, but I wanted to ride it.  I can still do it

Dad:  Good Lord.  I got all of that out of my system when I was a kid.

Mom:  you had a horse?  oh, that's right, you did.

Dad: if you can call it a horse.  It was the dumbest, meanest, most ornery nag you ever saw.

Me:  there's a lot of jokes there

Mom: shut up...

No comments:

Post a Comment