Tuesday, July 14, 2009

one of the hazards of having a girl








The children's clothing industry has decided that girls should just look cute. They shouldn't play and certainly not in dirt, dog kibble or water. They should wear dresses with smocking and things with ribbons and bows. And everything should be pink. Apparently, my mother is the ceo of the children's clothing industry. The height of silliness occurred last week when I was looking for some water shoes. I was going to visit my sister-in-law in Dallas where they have a killer kiddie pool. But she needed water shoes, which I knew would be hard to find because Annabelle has freakishy small feet. First, I went to some snooty European children's shoe store in the post oak area where the lady didn't even look up when I asked if they had water shoes for babies. So then I thought, "what the heck am I doing here? I just need to go to my mother-ship." So I headed to Target. I got to the baby shoe area and passed by the boys aisle where saw some Teva-like sandals in navy blue. Perfect, just one more aisle over and I'll get them in pink (hey, I like pink, I am not immune to girlie things, read on). So I go to the next aisle and............. you've got to be kidding me. Sequins. Silver and pink sequins. Ballet shoes. Complicated looking sandals. And tiny whore shoes with tiny whore heels. But no water shoes. Not even shoes that you could eat kibble in






Where are the shoes for this girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment