Friday, July 31, 2009

it was bound to happen

With all of the gratuitous kibble and petting and squealing with hysterical glee when she sees her, it was bound to happen--my idiot dog now has a new mistress and her name is Annabelle.

It rained today, and so the wretched cur was inside. Bella is her name. Anyway, my idiot dog Bella and my sweet child and I were all in the nursery. Bella, then Annabelle and then me were all cuddly on a daybed I have in there. I was reading (with my current malady reading sounds like this: goo nigh womb, goo nigh moon, goo nigh cow jump ovah da moon) and the dog was pestering Annabelle. Licking her and bothering her. I am always worried that she will scratch Annabelle with her claws by accident, so I moved Annabelle to the other side of me, thinking that the dog just wanted to be closer to me. Wrong. She got up and went to the other side of me where I had put Annabelle and that's when I noticed she was licking her hand--and in idiot dog language this means "come on already! Pet me!!." She was also trying to snuggle up with her. Disloyal mongrel.

Of course, the new mistress has some behavioral problems to deal with. The dog was taking some of her toys and trying to eat them and Annabelle was following her around wagging her finger at her and saying "no, no, no, no dog."

Next week I will make the transfer of title official by teaching her how to scoop poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment