Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am a yogi?

So I decided that I didn't need to weigh 200lbs, and I went to yoga. Now, let me say this, I believe that I have been unconsciously meditating since I was a child. I just space out and I don't hear or see anything around me and I am not thinking about anything. I never thought about it as meditating, I never thought about it period. It was just something I did. But then I read somewhere that people can slip into a meditative state unintentionally and that those people are born meditators or something like that and the symptoms of it sound like what I do. However, I also have a mind that is cluttered with everything from the best ideas of all time to grocery lists and and if you tell me not to think of anything, then I am definitely going to think about everything. This is why yoga may not be for me. I like the stretching and strengthening and I find the whole process super relaxing, but when the lady says "imagine yourself melting into the floor" I need her to stop there. Because when she goes on "your toes, your feet, your ankles, your shins, etc..." My mind starts get cranking-- "I don't want to melt in the floor. Like melt? Like wicked witch of the west melt, or does she just mean relax and let the weight go away because these are two different types of imagining and I need to know which one to focus on and if we throw melted butter in there that is three types of images, oh that reminds me I need to get butter at krogers when I am done with this."

Maybe there is a silent yoga class where we just do the poses and no one talks and then it is over.

Namaste bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment