Tuesday, April 7, 2009

mom and the internet

Details, as in, paying attention to, and my mom have never really mixed. She goes to the grocery store to buy shampoo and comes back with conditioner, and she won't know that she has conditioner until she washes her hair with it. She and my dad once booked a trip to New York for my cousin's wedding with non-refundable tickets only to find out she had the weekend confused. She is also the same woman who went to her best friend's father's funeral and was there for 30 minutes talking to family and consoling the bereaved before she ran into her friend in the bathroom and realized she was in the wrong part of the funeral parlor.

So I told her about my blog. And I told her the address. Stella-at-home.blogspot.com She wrote it down. Except she wrote down blog-spot.com. And after she checked what she thought was my blog she called me and had this to say (imagine my mom as having a slight Mexican accent that she gets when she is riled up about something):

Mom: "Is this a joke? I mean this joke right?"

Me: "No, why?"

Mom: "Do you think I need to masturbate myself, I mean this is a joke right? Because I went to the site and it was about how I should masturbate and music to masturbate by. And there were all these erect penises, I mean are you joking me? It says "tickle your ears while you tickle your....""

This is all I heard. I was laughing so hard I could not hear anything more and tears were coming out of my eyes, so I couldn't see anything and I was one kegel away from peeing on the sofa.

On the Annabelle front, today is brought to by the word wado. As in waaaaddooo, waaaaadoooo, waaaadoooo. To quote my friend Corey about his daughter's bobby period, "we may never know who bobby is, and that's okay because he made her happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment